Sunday, October 27, 2013

Pomegranate cakes

Hello!
=_=
 I know I haven't posted in a while/a long while and I feel like I should have some sort of excuse but really other things took priority and it just unintentionally happened. I did plan to post this sooner too but I just kept pushing it back. I am glad I took this break though because It made me realize that I wasn't really having that much fun blogging anymore. I don't want to abandon this blog though so I'm going to shift my focus more on liking what I post and posting only when I actually want to, even if that means not posting very often. I want to be excited about what I post but I also don't want to take it too seriously and have it feel like it's something I 'have' to do. Anyhow, I am looking forward to catching up with all the blogs I used to read before this absence. My background right now is kind of random but I just chose it for the time being or maybe forever, I don't know.  
 For this post I wanted to share some of my favorite pages in a book I recently bought called "Watercolor" by Sujean Rim which is filled with paintings from different artists that were all done in watercolor. I hope you like the paintings.
 
IMG_6126
 
6130
 
IMG_6124
 
IMG_6134
 
IMG_6122
 
IMG_6131
 
IMG_6135
 
IMG_6127
 
IMG_6132
 
IMG_6133
 
IMG_6128
I also wanted to share this simple yet beautiful video for "The Man With The Child In His Eyes" by Kate Bush.


 
In other news, I started school a few weeks ago which is probably part of the reason why I haven't posted. I actually transferred to a different university so I'm still getting used to it. I do miss the rabbits that roamed freely at my old school and some of the professors but I like this new school so far. I was fairly surprised to find out that this new school has actual restaurants inside and even a little market, my first day there I bought strawberry pocky and green tea candy. Side note: If you ever get the chance to try green tea ice cream or even better, green tea mochi ice cream, try it. It's delicious.
 
 
 Have a great week!
 

10 comments:

  1. Last day to enter my migmon sunglasses giveaway. Please do enter..
    http://www.beingbeautifulandpretty.com/2013/10/mignon-mignon-sunglasses-giveaway.html?m=0
    Kisses,
    www.beingbeautifulandpretty.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. that book looks amazing! watercolours are my favourite medium so it's awesome to see how other people use them :)

    http://roseandvintage.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Green tea mochi ice cream sounds delicious! Glad you're back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is. Thank you :)

      Delete
  4. love the one with the birds !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! It's incredibly detailed.

      Delete
  5. this book looks amazing! the colors are beautiful, thank you for sharing. I like the one with the beetle the most, of course. :)

    I also haven't blogged in a while, I just haven't been inspired and I don't want to put out a post just for the sake of posting! glad to have you back though, Blythe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you like it :)
      Yeah I know what you mean, I am looking forward to your next post though.Thank you!

      Delete
  6. cool;)
    follow each other? :))
    let me know ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the paintings of the buildings! They're stunning. And one of my first cd's was one of Kate Bush :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. Comments are much appreciated :).